Originally part of the “Hawk Farm” purchased by Joseph Hawk in 1819 for $3,420 (a tidy sum in those days), we acquired the property in 2004 and restored the two stone buildings in 2005-2006. The month of acquisition housed a blue moon, hence the farm’s name.
Today, one would describe our farm as a small family farm, situated on 17 acres providing just about everything a farm family could want: gardens, pastures, orchard, hay fields, woodlands, fresh water springs and outbuildings. We have worked hard since 2004 to bring the farm back to its natural beauty. It is a labor of love that we wish to share.
In the summer, you will find us at the Holland Township Farmers Market.
This quaint market, located at the Holland Township Fire House on Rt. 519 (at Andersen Rd), is small and the vendors are REALLY local.
The market is open from June through mid-September on Saturdays from 9am to 1pm.
All of our products will be on sale as seasonally available.